Tuesday, September 25, 2012

4 Days 400 for Singles Night.


Me and my big mouth. Ha ha. Last night I was talking to a single person and I was hearing how internet dating was bad. Then me and my big mouth saying “I can put a BBQ on in 5 days for the homeless I bet I could put on a singles night for 400 people in 4 days” and joking around.

I got a text this morning saying how it’ll be great on Friday night. I was a bit confessed so I called and was reminded I said this Friday I’m doing a Singles Night. What have I done!

So you guessed it, I kept saying yep and it’ll be great. This was at 6:30am this morning. I hung the phone up and well let me say panic started very quickly. Ha ha.

But I am a person that knows people. By 9:50am I had a venue in the city (The Function Room at The Irish Club) and a D.J/ Event Party Person. This event was going ahead.  I had everything needed except about 400 single people) Haha easy I still have 3 days from now.

I’m meeting tomorrow with event planners to work out what games and fun things to make it easier for people to break the ice and meet other single people. This is going to be a great night.

The club will be keeping the drinks at normal club prices but there is a door charge of $20 which gives a free drink voucher.

Now I wouldn’t be me and do something if it wasn’t going to help others. Yes I do think helping single people to help meet other single people is helping, but I like helping homeless and people in need as well, So on this fun exciting night I’m going to ask a few people if they would like to be auctioned off for a date. Where people can bid for a date for the person on stage.  I’m sure this will be very funny and make the night that much more exciting. The money will go to helping a homeless person or person’s.

Please note that any auctioning will only be with the consent of the person on stage.

400 is not going to be easy but I won’t quit because things got tough. So if your single and between 18 and 65 I want you to come and have a great night, who knows you may meet that special person you could have coffee with as friends or even meet that Mr or Mrs Right. But it’ll be a fun and great night out.

Called “Your Doorway Singles Night”

 Function Room

The Irish Club
 
175 Elizabeth St. Brisbane City
 
 
Starting 6:30pm
 

I’m really looking forward to this event, mostly because I have never done a event like this and to be honest I’m excited to see how it goes. If your single come and bring friends, if your not single please tell others as 400 is not going to be easy. Haha

Thank you for reading my blog and I hope you all have a great day. I only have 4 days to put this together so please share and tell others.

Grant the Polite Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment