Friday, April 27, 2012

21 * 2 Birthday Day Finished

Okay I'm sitting here in my Buffed chair with no shoes to shine so I started thinking of what I can do to be productive. Yep write my blog.

Where to start? I've been checking out other sites and some are really good and helpful but I have them written down on paper at home. "Home" I love that word and I can tell you it's great to be able to use it. I was homeless way to long. But in the end I did it and got on my feet with which I'm proud to help others do the same.

Sometimes I have this powerful drive in me to be successful and start new things but I always only think of things that help people at the same time. I am putting together an educational DVD which will help a lot of people and I'm making it into a business were it makes profit as well. Filming in 3 weeks I'm still putting everything together even writing the script and finding the money for it all. I'm not sure how it will all come together but I am sure it'll work and be successful. The way I see it I have given out such good karma with everything I do, time for me to have some too.

Now I have mentioned putting together this DVD before but never did it, mostly because I didn't have the money and really it wasn't the right time for me then. Why now? Tomorrow is my birthday and I turn 42 which if you think about it positively it's turning 21 twice. I like to think positively. ha ha.

So having a birthday tomorrow I was thinking it's time to stop thinking about ideas and start putting them together. I'm not getting younger. Tomorrow I want to see what I can achieve in the next 12 months before my next birthday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to write now about a top guy and yet a homeless guy. Bruce hangs around the Post Office in the city. Bruce is one of the nicest guy I've very meet. Yes some days he yells and abuses people but really it's because he has a mental illness (I believe only)

Bruce gets Centrelink money but instead of buying drugs or beer he wants to buy a few bottles of coke and gives the rest to a church. Now please don't let me start with why the church would accept it, but this guy lives with nothing but the clothes on his back and a small bag of clothes.

I have bought Bruce many of meals (Pie and Coke days) and always he says he gave his money to a church. One day I asked why he did it? His answer almost brought a tear to my eyes. "They help people" To be honest it wasn't so much what he said, even though that's great great in itself, but the way he said it. I got the feel he had done something bad and punishing himself and helping a church was a way to make things right.

Now it took me 4 months and 3 meals to get to know his name so I'm not pushing it but, this is really the kind of people I like helping. The ones that have given up on life and for a lot can't escape because they believe there's no choice.

Before I get alot of emails and comments saying about accomadion and doctors please let me say, I have offered to pay myself for accomadion many of times and really tried to push without pushing to hard. With Bruce I feel he needs to work out the problems of the past and forgive himself.

Now I'm not a Doc or a socal worker but because 'I have been there and then that' I sort of relate and can understand where he's coming from. I wish doctors or social workers would help and to think of it I'm sure some have and tried, but I don't see any around now.

After I buy him a meal and we chat (Pie and Coke Days) I do have a saying which now he finish for me "Pay me back by buying me a meal when you get on your feet" To me it's a saying that in the end he will get on his feet and buy me a meal back and that one meal will be one of the nicest meals I'll ever get. I don't care if I have to buy him a 100 meals it'll still be worth getting that one back when he gets on his feet.

To be honest I've only gotten 5 meals paid back by people I have helped in a huge way and yes it's the best feeling in the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all have a great day and I thank you for reading my new blog. Please help me to spread the word about the new address by clicking the little 't' or 'F' (twitter or Facebook) at the bottom of this post.
Grant the Polite Guy
@grantpoliteguy (Twitter)
Grant Richards (Facebook)



.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your feel good posts Grant.Keep up the great work.When we give to others,even if it is just our time,we get so much more back.I hope you receive all you so deserve in life. Bless your generous heart.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy Grant!! I am sure there will be cake or at least a pie with a candle in it for your birthday tomorrow!!! Have yourself a fantastic day if I don't catch you personally, Monday I'll drop by for a laugh & feed with you!! :D Happy 21st x2 Birthday Tomorrow!! XO

    ReplyDelete